January 16, 2023
Dear Parent(s)/Guardian(s) of Cariboo Hill Secondary students:
Re: Week of January 23 – 27, 2023
Regularly scheduled in person classes for the week of January 23rd to 27th, 2023 have been modified to facilitate the writing of Graduation Assessments for students in Grades 10 to 12. In its place, we are offering students a variety of tutorials, re-assessments, study sessions, workshops and an opportunity for students to complete assessments. Please see the attached schedule of activities, times and locations of the events for the week (January 23rd – 27th).
- Core Competency Discussions with their Teacher (scheduled) – Grades 8 – 12’s
- AP Psychology Information/Tutorial Session – Grade 10’s
- Post-Secondary & Scholarships Q&A’s – Grade 11 & 12’s
- Math Sessions – Math Contest Preparation & Portfolio Checks
Please note that “Tutorial/Completing Assessments” has been built into the schedule so that students can meet individually with their teachers if required. Students should schedule times to meet with teachers in all subject areas. Please see the attached PDF Document (CHSS Assessment Week Schedule) to view the available opportunities which will replace regularly scheduled classes for the week.
Students who are scheduled to write one or more Graduation Assessments have been provided a personalized invitation to write the assessment in the Library.
- January 23rd – Grade 10 Numeracy – 8:30am – 12:00pm
- January 24rd – Grade 10 or 12 Literacy – 8:30am – 12:00pm
- January 25th 26th & 27th – Grade 10 or 12 Literacy / Numeracy – 8:30am – 12:00pm
If your child has not written these assessments, please ask them to speak with Mr. Tsang in the office and he will register your child. Please check the students MyEducation to see if they have completed the assessment.
Mr. A. Tsang