The Cariboo Hill Mental Health Committee has created an Instagram account @cariboo_mentalhealth, with the intention of bringing mental health awareness. The account features our mental health advocacy/initiatives in the school, mental health resources for students and the community and general information on the importance of mental health in our daily lives. Our mission is to build, support and create a positive mental health environment for not only the staff and students, but the surrounding community.
Counseling Resources and Contact Information
The following community organizations offer support to children, youth, and families facing a variety of challenges.
Burnaby Mental Health Literacy Blog
- Burnaby School District blog to share resources for students, parent and staff
Bounce Back Program
- https://bouncebackbc.ca/– is a free skill-building program designed to help adults and youth 15+ manage low mood, mild to moderate depression, anxiety, stress or worry. Delivered online or over the phone with a coach. School counsellors and family doctors can refer.
Burnaby Child and Youth Mental Health
- Walk in intake assessment for mental health concerns. After assessment, children/youth are either seen at CYMH for counselling or referred to another appropriate agency for support. In some cases outreach assessment is possible.
- #701-1901 Rosser Avenue (Burnaby North Area)
- Tues: 9:00am to 1:00pm
- Phone: 778-572-2370
- #201-7645 Kingsway (Burnaby South Area)
- Thursdays: 12:00pm to 4:00pm
- Phone: 604-660-9544
- CYMH Intake Clinic Brochure
Burnaby Family Life
- Individual and group counselling for youth in Burnaby who experience abuse and/or witnessed domestic violence
Burnaby Youth Hub & Youth Clinic
- One-stop shop of support and services for at-risk youth under 24. Includes Burnaby Youth Clinic: free, confidential sexual health clinic for youth under 22.
Cameray Child and Family Services
- Cameray Child and Family Services is a community-based agency committed to the strengthening of individuals and families through a spectrum of services including counselling, education, outreach and advocacy. Services are free. Individual/Family counselling is open referral.
- Cameray Refer to Us – referral forms link
Child & Youth Mental Health & Substance Use (CYMHSU)
- Distress services who provide confidential, non-judgemental, free emotional support, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for people experiencing feelings of distress or despair.
Kids Help Phone
- http://Kidshelpphone.ca– telephone and chat counselling support
- Short-Term Assessment Response Treatment (START) provides confidential mental health crisis intervention services for children and youth. 1-844-START11 (1-844-782-7811)
St. Leonard’s Community Services
- Offers free individual and family counselling. Professional referrals only, families cannot self-refer.