SCHOOL LEAVING CEREMONY
MEMO TO THE CLASS OF 2023
Grads of 2023, congratulations on all your high school successes!! Please review the following information and procedures to make your ceremony a success.
WHERE DO I GO?
- The School Leaving Ceremony is on Saturday, May 27th at 6:30pm. Cariboo Hill grads will need to arrive at Simon Fraser University (8888 University Dr, Burnaby) by 5:15 pm. You will gather at the Halpern Centre. The ceremony begins at 6:30 pm sharp.
- Doors open at 5:15 pm so your parents can come with their tickets to find seats early.
- Please park at the North lot. Parking is FREE at this lot for our ceremony.
WHAT DO I WEAR?
- This is a formal ceremony. All grads must wear their cap & gown. Dress warmly underneath your gown.
- Do not bring purses, cameras, a change of clothing, backpacks, etc. as there is no place to store these items. Leave valuable items with family or friends.
- Wear appropriate footwear, there will be lots of walking, including 40 flights of stairs.
WHEN CAN I PICK UP MY TICKETS?
- You will receive 2 complimentary tickets for the School Leaving Ceremony. Tickets will be given out when you pick up your cap & gown. You may purchase extra tickets at the office for $5.00 each from May 15th – 26th.
WHEN CAN I PICK UP MY GOWN?
- Gowns will be distributed May 17th, 2023 – pick up your own cap & gown during lunch or afterschool in Room 101. It is your responsibility to have picked up your own cap & gown. The last day to pick up cap & gowns is Friday, May 26th .
- You must wear the cap & gown for the ceremony. You may want to put your name on the inside of the cap (grads typically throw up their caps at the end of the ceremony, and if you don’t want to risk losing it, you may want to write your name on the inside.)
- Note: the tassel on the cap are positioned on the left side of the cap before crossing the stage and after receiving your diploma, the tassel could be repositioned on the right side.
- French Immersion students will find a French Immersion Pin already placed on their cap & gown package. This pin is yours to keep.
GOWN, CAP, TASSEL, HONOUR CORDS, FRENCH IMMERSION PINS
- The gown, cap, tassel, stole and honour cords (for those who receive them) are yours to keep. French Immersion Pins are also a keepsake for our French Immersion students.
- On Friday, May 26th, 2023, there is a mandatory rehearsal in the large gym for all grade 12s attending the ceremony during Period 4. Do not wear your caps nor gowns to the rehearsal please.
If you have any questions or special considerations, please see Ms. Da Silva (Room 303). Thanks, and all the best!